Slow Cooker Chocolate with Candy Toppings
We've been busy over here with Candle-making, Homeschooling and having Holiday fun! Have you heard of Slow cooker Chocolate Candy? Neither have I. When I got the recipe which has been making its way across the internet, I wanted to try it and share it with you. Of course I had to put my spin on it and show you the many things we have done with this recipe!
Big Batch Alert!
We had so much we were able to eat some. Give away to 10 friends and family members! here are the ingredients.
- dry roasted peanuts
- almond bark (I used chocolate)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- German chocolate bar
- baking cups (I prefer mini or candy cups with a mini cup baking tray but you can use regular cupcake liner too)
Optional Ingredients for some fun!
- sprinkles ( A variety of holiday sprinkles is great!)
- Mikes Hot Honey! for spicy chocolate
- Skewer sticks ( for marshmallow dipping)
- Coco powder ( I got bourbon pecan flavored Hot Cocoa mix Here)
- Heath Bits I used Heath in the main ingredience because I love it so much I didint use as a topping.
- crushed peppermint
- Sea salt
Be sure to also grab lots of really cure holiday gift boxes and bags for food gifting. I got most of my ingredients at Walmart.
Turn Crock pot on warm. Place all the ingredients in the pot all at once. Stir every 15 mins until all the chocolate is melted (about an hour) Making this is as simple as that! Now the fun starts!
I used a small mini scooper to place chocolate into each cup holder. I shuffled the tray on the conuter to even out the tops of the cups. let cool at room temperature.
I had so much chocolate left that I separated out a little chocolate into a bowl and added Mikes Hot Honey for a separate spicy chocolate for my husband. Drizzle to Hot Honey over your batch to get the right amount of heat spice for you.
Remember that Peanut butter rice crispy treat recipe from last month? you can drizzle or dip some bars into this chocolate recipe and let sit on a cooling rack. Have marshmallows? Place skewer to middle of the marshmallow and dip into the batch of chocolate. Double dip into your desired topping of nuts, peppermint, heath bar, cocoa powder, sea salt or drizzle Mikes hot honey on top of your treat.