Its the first day of Fall 2020 and Im up for all this pumpkin spice induced joy! My father loved making these treats and taught me this recipe when I was teenager. You'll only need 4 ingredients but I've added some other options if you want to get a little more creative.
- 6-8 Cups of Rice Krispies (Depend on how sticky you'd like)
- 1- 12oz. package of Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- 1- 6 oz. Stick of Margarine (I've also used salted butter)
- 1 1/2 Table Spoons of Creamy Peanut Butter
- Decorative Pumpkin Spice Pretzels...because its fall
- Reeses Peanut Butter Chips (added fun in mixture)
- Pumpkin Candy Corn if arranging like bales of hay for fun
- Autumn sprinkles your of choice
First gather all your ingredients. This recipe goes fast. In a large pot melt butter on medium low. Once butter is melted add marshmallows and melt constantly stirring so marshmallows don't burn. Once marshmallows are dissolved add Peanut butter. Once Peanut butter has dissolved add in Rice Crispy Cereal. It should be hard to stir after everything is combined but use those muscles! if its too sticky feel free to add more cereal. Pour batch into a pan and let cool.
For extra fun you can add the reeses peanut butter chips right before your pour the cereal. Have kids? lay out candy and encourage them to decorate there bar with candy, pretzels, sprinkles etc.
I sliced mine into small squares to emulate bales of hay and added candy corn and candy pumpkins to make them look like the pumpkin patches we love to visit. We'd love to hear how you like this recipe. Enjoy!